Thursday, December 31, 2009

Joyful Bad Times: Yes it is possible!

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.” Romans 5:3-4

How is it that we can experience joy in times of pain?

That's because joy and happiness are not synonymous. Joy does not depend on our circumstances — happiness does. We can go through the ups and downs of life, the good times and bad, continuing to remain joyful.

Where can we find joy when we want our life circumstances fixed or healed – yesterday?

When we are in the midst of a painful circumstance it is very hard to see hope. The light at the end of the tunnel. But, there’s good news! God promises us that if we stay obedient to Him, the product of suffering is perseverance and character. These attributes produce hope.

There is purpose in your pain… your trial… those hard times. I know. I hate those times too! But, “our sufferings” do change us (Rom. 5:3-4). It shapes the heart.

So, pray for joy in the midst of the suffering. After all, He “poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us” (Rom. 5:5b). Because this promise is sealed with the Holy Spirit, you do not have to be discouraged by your sufferings. There is hope!

Prayer
Dear Lord Jesus, my hope giver. In times of suffering and difficulty in this life show me your joy, your light, your hope. Give me renewed courage to face my circumstances as I stay focused on your love and your dream for my life. Amen.










Thanks for viewing my blog. Please visit again.

No comments: