1. Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside (200 per berrry!).
2. One cup of strawberries has as much Vitamin C as an orange.
3. Strawberries are not actually "berries," but part of the rose family.
4. In tests, people who ate strawberries before exercise burned 100 extra calories.
5. Rich in flavonoids, strawberries can help reduce cholesterol.
6. Strawberries are high in folic acid, the B vitamin which can prevent spina bifida.
7. To soothe sunburned skin, blend strawberries and honey, and apply as a salve.
8. You often can substitute strawberries for tomatoes in recipes.
9. For their best flavor, strawberries should be served at room temperature.
10. It takes approximately three days for a berry to ripen from green to red.
Coutesy of Harriet Belue of Belue Farms in Spartanburg, SC