Saturday, November 10, 2012

Do you feel happy today?

This morning I woke up to a gorgeous Saturday
morning.  The sun was brightly shining in my
living room with the already pale yellow walls.
It was so cheerful.  I began to thank the Lord
for all of the blessings he has given to me in
my life. 

I confess and (God knows) I don't always feel
this happy or thankful.  So my feelings on this
day is very special to me!  I struggle with
depression, but I am learning how to let it go
and let God have my negative feelings.  It's
about time since I am fifty.  I admit, I'm a slow
learner.

But today, I feel so blessed and secure in God's
love...it is truly wonderful.  Thank you Lord!

The following verse is what I will be meditating
on today!

Hebrews 12:2-3 (NIV)

~2) Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and
perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before
him endured the cross, scorning its shame,
and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
 3) Consider him who endured such opposition from
sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and
lose heart.

No comments: