Thursday, September 20, 2012

Today Has Been a True Blessing!

Today was a very good day, and a busy day! My church (Restoration off of I-26 in Spartanburg, SC) is having it's 2nd annual "Girlfriends" event tomorrow evening.  The first one was awesome, and I'm very excited about this one! I went this morning to help decorate for the event tomorrow.  There were many volunteers there and it is an amazing feeling to be in the company of such loving and caring Christian women.  We all worked together harmoniously and joyfully and was finished in record time.  I am really thankful for a church that has so many friendly and compassionate people! We had a great lunch together (thanks Cathy!)and I left feeling truly blessed!

Next, I was in the company of my Parkie friends at Summit Hills Retirement in Spartanburg.  Another group of very happy and optimistic people!  It was the first PD exercise class that Summit Hills has graciously started for the Spartanburg Parkinson's support group!  They are going to provide a class "Muscles in Motion" for us every 1st and 3rd Thursday, followed by snacks and fellowship. The Spartanburg PD Support group meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays at the Chapman Cultural Center for a Parkie dance class graciously taught by Carlos, our instructor!  After the 30 minute class the support group "meet" and different resource providers and speakers inform us on various topics concerning Parkinson's.  I have met so many new friends and I thank God for bringing such caring people into my life.

Today, I feel especially joyful and Blessed!Thank you Lord!

No comments: