Almond Crusted Tilapia: from Southern Living
|Servings:Makes 4 servings||Prep Time:15 minutes||Cook Time:9 minutes|
- 1 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (6-oz.) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Process 1/2 cup almonds in a food processor until
finely chopped, and combine with 1/4 cup flour in a shallow bowl.
2. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt; dredge in almond mixture.
3. Melt butter with olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat;
add fish, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
Remove fillets to a serving plate.
4. Add remaining 1/2 cup almonds to skillet, and cook, stirring often,
1 minute or until golden. Remove almonds with a slotted spoon, and sprinkle over fish.