Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Recipe: Slow Cooker Beer Chicken


*Slow Cooker Beer Chicken

3-4 lb whole chicken
12 oz bottle regular or non-alcoholic beer
1/4 c. BBQ seasoning ( *BKW Seasoning or seasoning of your choice)
6 cloves of garlic
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)

Spray a slow cooker with non-stick vegetable spray. 
Carefully loosen the chicken's skin. 
Rub seasoning generously under chicken skin and on top of skin.
Place chicken in slow cooker; pour beer over chicken.
 Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.  Serves 6.

*My changes- I didn't have bbq seasoning so I used BKW seasoning.
 Any favorite seasoning will work. I"d love try out Asian seasoning next. 
I also put cloves of garlic under the skin and inside the chicken.
I used a little bit of EVOO on the bottom of the crock pot instead
of non stick spray and drizzle some on top of the chicken and
 then rubbed in the seasoning.

*I cooked mine on high and it took 2 hours,
checked the temp and it was at 170.
 I then put it on warm and it sat in the crock pot
 for 4 more hours because it got done faster than I had  planned.
 Next time I will just put it on slow/low if I want it to cook 6 or more hours.
 It was tasty!

Credit for this recipe goes to  http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com

No comments: