shelflifeadvice.com offers these guidelines
- Milk: If properly refrigerated, milk will remain safe, nutritious, and tasty for about a week after the sell by date.
- Cottage Cheese: Pasteurized cottage cheese lasts for 10-14 days after the date on the carton.
- Mayonnaise: Unopened, refrigerated Kraft mayo can be kept for 30 days after its expiration date or 3 to 4 months after opening.
- Yogurt: Yogurt will remain good seven to 10 days after its sell-by date.
- Eggs: Refrigerated eggs should last at least 3 to 4 weeks after the sell-by date.