Lime -Scented Mango-Strawberry Salad
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 cups trimmed, sliced strawberries (about 2 lb.)
- 3 cups peeled, diced mangoes (2 to 3 large mangoes
- 1. Combine sugar and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sugar has dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in lime zest and juice; let cool to room temperature.
- 2. Mix strawberries with mangoes in a large bowl. Add syrup and gently stir until well mixed. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- YIELD: Serves 8
- COOK TIME:3 MINUTES
- PREP TIME:20 MINUTES
- CHILL:30 MINUTES
- COST PER SERVING:$1.61