Friday, May 14, 2010

"Five seagulls are sitting on a dock.  One of them decides to fly away.  How many seagulls are left?

"Well...four, right?" 

"No, there are still five.  Deciding to fly away and actually flying away are two very different things."

There is absolutely no power in intention.                                

The seagull may intend to fly away, may decide to do so, may talk with the other seagulls about how wonderfull it is to fly, but until the seagull flaps his wings and takes to the air, he is still on the dock. 
There is no difference between that gull and all the others.

Likewise, there is no difference in the person who intends to do things and the one who never thinks about it in the first place. 

Intention without action is an insult to those who expect the best from us...

This message comes from a book I've read by Andy Andrews called "The Noticer."
Andy Andrews is a well known motivational speaker and author.  This book made me very emotional and it spoke volumes to me.

If I can only harness these valuable lessons and apply them in my life, I could be a much better person.
I'm trying...

I highly recommend this book for anyone who needs a different perspective in their life.

:) photo credit - Alvesgaspar

Wikimedia:GNU license

No comments: