Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A devotion: He Who Dwells Within

A devotional from EWomen


April 5, 2010

By: Julie Clinton, M.A. "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Sprit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you." John 14:16-17 NKJV

Ever wonder what it means to truly have the Holy Spirit living within you? It’s a strange thought. But, comforting none the less.

As the passage in John tells us, we know the Holy Spirit, we recognize and have a relationship with Him, because He “dwells with [us] and will be in [us].” These words present a mental picture to me of the Holy Spirit not only living within us, guiding and directing us, but also walking beside us, holding our hand along the way, the manifestation of God’s “very present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1).

Whether you are on a crowded city street or on a deserted island with no one else present, you are never alone. Many times, the loneliness you experience is the result of simply not acknowledging who is already there. Acknowledge Him and He will be there. Even now. You always have an audience of One!



Prayer

Father, thank You for always being there for me. Help me to know that I am not alone. Holy Spirit, walk with me and dwell in me as I seek to become one with You. As I abide in You, may my feelings of loneliness be overcome by the beauty of solitude. Amen.

Bible Readings for the Week Ahead:

Monday: 1 Samuel 12:22

Tuesday: Psalms 27:10

Wednesday: Psalms 46:1

Thursday: Psalms 147:3

Friday: Isaiah 54:10

Saturday: Matthew 28:20

Sunday: John 14:1

Home
Sponsors
Statement of Faith
Contact © Extraordinary Women 2009

No comments: