Friday, December 18, 2009

Do you have the Holiday Blues?

Do you suffer from the Blues during the Christmas holidays? I usually do.
Read this and remember that God loves you and he can give you peace and restore your joy.

Read this devotion and give your burdens to the Lord.

JOY DOWN IN MY HEART

Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls—yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills.” Habakkuk 3:17-19 njkv

“I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart... down in my heart to stay!” Remember how much fun it was to sing this song as a kid? Or, to hear your own children sing it? Whenever I hear it, I just can't help but smiling and forgetting about my present situation.

Today, I am reminded that the joy of the Lord is attainable even in the midst of trial or hopelessness. What we need to understand is that joy and happiness are not synonymous. Joy does not depend on our life circumstances, happiness does. We can go through the ups and downs of life experiencing the good times and the bad all the while remaining joyful. Why? Because it is not based on what happens!

No matter what is going on in your life, you can always “rejoice in the Lord.” The wonderful paradox of faith is the insurmountable joy you can experience when circumstances seem to be at their worst. Just as Habakkuk decided to surrender his fears to the Lord and wait, you too should place your confidence and faith in God no matter the circumstance. His joy is yours. Let it fill your heart today!

Prayer
Dear Lord, I give my burdens to You. Help me to wait, and while I wait, let me rejoice in who You are and what You will do in my life. Amen.



MERRY CHRISTMAS
Thanks for viewing my blog. Please visit again.

No comments: